Whether it’s in your own backyard or on the other side of the world, there are plenty of ways to pitch in
that are easy, fun and rewarding.
Get to Know Susila Dharma
● Our website contains lots of useful information about pressing global concerns and how grassroots projects throughout our network are currently addressing them. Identify which causes “speak” to you, and familiarize yourself with what Susila Dharma is doing to help. Questions, concerns or ideas? Don’t hesitate to contact us.
● Reach out to your local Susila Dharma organization to see what sorts of events are already happening and inquire about possible support for your fundraising initiative. For a list of SD national chapters, please click here.
Create Your Own Fundraiser
If there is a local (or global) issue you feel strongly about, why not drum up support in your community?
Here’s a list of ways that you can raise funds by yourself, with friends and family, or via your social network:
● Donate your birthday or wedding. In lieu of gifts, ask your friends and family to make a donation to SDIA instead.
● Harness the power of your social network! Facebook makes it easy to organize events and fundraisers online. To create your own Facebook fundraiser, just follow these easy steps:
● You can organise a birthday fundraiser here. Just follow the step-by-step instructions. Be sure to select ‘Susila Dharma International Assoc., Inc’ as your charitable recipient.
● For general fundraisers, visit www.facebook.com/fundraisers (or click on the “fundraisers” heart icon in your main menu) and follow the step-by-step instructions. Be sure to select “Susila Dharma International Assoc., Inc” as your charitable recipient.
Don’t forget to invite your Facebook friends to participate in your fundraiser, and consider using the donation matching feature to incentivize others.
● Walk, run, bike, swim, climb — whatever excites you! — for SDIA. Set a goal for yourself and let the funds you raise for our life-changing work be the reward.
● Host a dinner, dance, movie night, art show or other special event in honor of an SDIA project or cause about which you feel strongly. Instead of selling tickets, ask attendees for donations.
Have You Fundraised For Us?
If so, we’d love to hear from you! Please send us a description of your event or fundraiser, as well as any visuals you may have, so that we can learn from and share it.
If you have questions, or need further assistance with your fundraising efforts, please contact us at: