Children, Youth and Education
SDIA is committed to providing education and skills training to people of all ages, enabling individuals to lead fulfilling, productive lives. Our efforts typically benefit under-served populations in poor and/or rural areas that lack access to quality education.
While traditional classroom learning is a central component, we pride ourselves on embracing a holistic view of learning that involves entire families and begins at birth. We support initiatives that:
- Educate new mothers regarding good nutrition, infant healthcare and age-appropriate mental and physical stimulation.
- Teach children and teens how to protect themselves against physical and emotional abuse.
- Oversee vocational and daycare centers, primary schools, after-school programs and scholarship funds.
- Provide people of all ages with quality job skills training.
- Organize cultural and athletic activities that encourage healthy living, boost morale, and improve coping skills.
Subud Education Association
SDIA is home to the Subud Education Association (SEA) which brings together Subud members involved in education so that they may support, inspire, and guide one another. You can find out more about the SEA here.